1. Declaration of Members’ Interests
ACAF members are appointed for their individual expertise and experience and are not representative of any organisation. Details of their interests can be found in the Register of Members’ Interests available from the ACAF Secretariat or on the website at:
Members are asked to declare any relevant changes to their entries in the Register of Members’ Interests at the beginning of each meeting.
2. Draft Minutes of the Previous Meeting MIN/08/02
Members will consider the provisional minutes of the forty-second meeting with the view to adopting them.
3. Codes of Practice for the control of Salmonella in animal feeds - Presentation from Defra Assessor ACAF/08/12
The Committee will receive a presentation from Stephen Wyllie (Defra assessor) on the revised Codes of Practice for the control of Salmonella in animal feeds.
4. EC Regulation on Marketing and Use of Feed – Oral Update from Food Standards Agency Assessor
The Committee will receive an oral update from Tim Franck (FSA assessor) on the negotiations on the proposed EC Regulation on the Marketing and Use of Feed.
5. The Work and Remit of the Farm Animal Welfare Council - Presentation from Simon Renn (FAWC Secretariat) ACAF/08/13
The Committee will receive a presentation from Simon Renn (FAWC Secretariat) on the work and remit of the Farm Animal Welfare Council.
6. Forward Work Programme Review (including Horizon Scanning) ACAF/08/14
The Committee will be invited to discuss a paper outlining subjects submitted by members for horizon scanning and also to review its current work programme and discuss future priorities.
7. Herbal Additives - Presentation by Dr Ray Smith (FSA) ACAF/08/16
The Committee will receive a presentation from Dr Ray Smith (FSA) on recommendations by EFSA for the assessment of herbal additives.
8. GM Issues
The Committee will receive oral updates on topical GM issues.
8. Matters Arising the from Minutes of the meeting of 3 June 2008
9. Any Other Business
• EC Developments ACAF/08/15