1. Declaration of Members’ Interests
ACAF members are appointed for their individual expertise and experience and do not represent particular organisations. Details of their interests can be found in the Register of Members’ Interests available from the ACAF Secretariat or on the website at:
Members are asked to declare any relevant changes to their entries in the Register of Members’ Interests at the beginning of each meeting.
2. Draft Minutes of the Previous Meeting - MIN/08/03
Members will consider the provisional minutes of the forty-third meeting and formally adopt them.
3. Work of GACS - Presentation from Professor Colin Blakemore (GACS Chairman) - ACAF/08/19
The Committee will receive a presentation from Professor Colin Blakemore on the work and remit of the General Advisory Committee on Science.
4. Update on TSE and Meat and Bonemeal Issues- Presentation from Patrick Burke (Defra) - ACAF/08/20
The Committee will receive a presentation from Patrick Burke (Defra) on the developments on TSE and meat and bonemeal.
5. EC Regulation on Marketing and Use of Feed – Oral Update from Food Standards Agency Assessor
The Committee will receive an oral update on the negotiations on the proposed EC Regulation on the Marketing and Use of Feed from Tim Franck (FSA assessor).
6. Codes of Practice for the control of Salmonella in animal feeds - Oral Update from Defra Assessor
The Committee will receive an oral update on the latest developments on the revised Codes of Practice for the control of Salmonella in animal feeds.
7. GM Issues
The Committee will receive oral updates on topical GM issues.
8. Matters Arising the from Minutes of previous meetings
9. Any Other Business
• EC Developments - ACAF/08/21
• Melamine Contamination of Feed - ACAF/08/22
• Reducing the incidence and level of Nicarbazin residues in British chicken - ACAF/08/23
• Horizon Scanning Workshop: Future food production for healthier eating - opportunities and challenges - ACAF/08/24