ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ANIMAL FEEDINGSTUFFS
Agenda for 48th meeting
10:30am on 3 December 2009
1. Declaration of Members’ Interests
ACAF members are appointed for their individual expertise and experience and are not representative of any sector or organisation. Details of their interests can be found in the Register of Members’ Interests available from the ACAF Secretariat or on the website at:
Members are asked to declare any relevant changes to their entries in the Register of Members’ Interests at the beginning of each meeting.
2. Draft Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Members will consider the draft minutes of the forty-seventh meeting and formally adopt them.
3. Review of EU Animal By-Products Controls - Presentation from Neil Leach (Defra)
Members will receive a presentation from Neil Leach of Defra’s Livestock and Livestock Products section on the review of the Animal By-products Regulation 1774/2002/EC.
4. Update on Mycotoxin Issues – Presentation from Dr Ray Smith (Animal Feed Branch)
Members to receive an update on a range of issues relating to mycotoxins (e.g. future controls, mycotoxin binders).
5. GACS Horizon Scanning Workshop – follow up action by ACAF
Members to discuss and agree work they can take forward following the GACS horizon scanning workshop held in June 2009.
6. FVO Mission on Feed Law and Feed Hygiene – update from Mr Ron Cheesman (Animal Feed Branch)
Members will receive a copy of the formal Action Plan submitted to the Food and Veterinary Office (European Commission) following its audit mission to the UK in June 2009 on feed law enforcement. The Committee to discuss and agree actions it can take to help the Agency fulfil specific items on the Action Plan. ACAF/09/19
7. GM Issues
The Committee will receive oral updates on topical GM issues.
8. Matters Arising the from Minutes of previous meetings
9. Any Other Business
• EC Developments;
• Update on the work of other Advisory Committees