1. Declaration of Members’ Interests
ACAF members are appointed for their individual expertise and experience and are not representative of any sector or organisation. Details of their interests can be found in the Register of Members’ Interests available on the website.
Members are asked to declare any relevant changes to their entries in the Register of Members’ Interests at the beginning of each meeting.
2. Draft Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Members will consider the provisional minutes of the forty-fourth meeting and formally adopt them - MIN/08/04
3. Horizon Scanning Workshop: Future food production for healthier eating - opportunities and challenges- oral update from Alisdair Wotherspoon - Chief Scientist Team
The Committee will receive an oral update on the preparations for the horizon Scanning workshop due to take place on 24 June 2009.
4. FVO Mission on Feed Law and Feed hygiene – oral report from Mr Ron Cheesman and Mr Tim Franck
Members will receive an oral report on preparations for a FVO Mission to the UK which is due to take place in June 2009.
5. Codes of Practice for the control of Salmonella in animal feeds ACAF/09/01
Members will be asked to consider endorsing the Codes of Practice prior to their publication
6. Vitamin A EFSA Opinion oral update from Dr Ray Smith (FSA) ACAF/09/02
Members will receive an oral update on recommendations from EFSA in relation to the consequences for the consumer of the use of vitamin A in animal nutrition
7. EC Regulation on Marketing and Use of Feed – Oral Update from Mr Tim Franck
The Committee will receive an oral update on the negotiations on the proposed EC Regulation on the Marketing and Use of Feed from Tim Franck (FSA assessor).
8. Distribution of an e-leaflet to the poultry industry on recommendations to reduce residue levels of nicarbazin in British chicken ACAF/09/05
The Committee will be invited to comment on how the Food Standards Agency and other interested parties could effectively distribute this e-leaflet to key stakeholders.
9. GM Issues
The Committee will receive oral updates on topical GM issues.
10. Matters Arising the from Minutes of previous meetings
11. Any Other Business