1. Declaration of Members’ Interests
ACAF members are appointed for their individual expertise and experience and are not representative of any sector or organisation. Details of their interests can be found in the Register of Members’ Interests available from the ACAF Secretariat or on the website at:
Members are asked to declare any relevant changes to their entries in the Register of Members’ Interests at the beginning of each meeting.
2. Draft Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Members will consider the draft minutes of the fifty-ninth meeting and formally adopt them.
3. Balance of Competences Review
Members will receive a presentation from Agency officials on the review of balance of competence that was launched on 26 November 2012.
4. Review of Official Controls on Feed
Members will receive an update presentation from an Agency official on the review of official controls on feed.
5. Feed Safety – potential gaps – Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) Feed Adviser Register
Members will receive a presentation from a representative of the Agricultural Industries Confederation on work this organisation is carrying out on a compilation of a register of feed advisers.
6. Feed Safety – potential gaps – Imports
Members will be asked to consider a paper written by the FSA Assessor (Mr Tim Franck) on imports of feed. They will be asked for their opinions on whether any further initiatives or actions are required in this area.
7. Update on Feed Additives
Members will receive an update presentation from Miss Abrar Jaffer (FSA official and member of Secretariat) on the latest developments on Feed Additives.
8. Update of GACS and Scientific Advisory Committee Chairs and Chief Scientific Advisors meeting with Government Chief Scientific Advisor meetings
The Chairman will give an update on issues that were discussed at the GACS meeting held on 31 October 2012 and the Scientific Advisory Committee Chairs and Chief Scientific Advisors meeting with Government Chief Scientific Advisor held on 6 November 2012.
9. Matters Arising from the Minutes of previous meetings
10. Any Other Business
11. Information Papers:
• Adventitious packaging material in feed from former foodstuffs ACAF/13/05
• EU Developments ACAF/13/07
• Update on the work of other Advisory Committees ACAF/13/08
• Antimicrobial Resistance – Summary of Royal Colleges of Veterinary Surgeons, Physicians and Pathologists conference 2 October 2012 ACAF/13/09
• TSE Update ACAF/13/11